Getting the most out of GIRFT
We have created a toolkit to help trusts to embed the GIRFT approach and methodology as part of their continuous improvement. The toolkit is based on the examples of Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust and University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust.
The toolkit includes case studies, videos and templates setting out how trusts can use the GIRFT process to deliver quality improvement, for the benefit of patient outcomes and experiences. Key steps detailed in the toolkit include creating a core, trust-level team to co-ordinate GIRFT work, engaging the wider workforce and how to prepare and follow-up on GIRFT deep-dive visits and national report publications.
Watch our toolkit webinar:
Watch our series of toolkit videos:
Getting the most out of GIRFT – toolkit for trusts
An introduction to the toolkit and the role of GIRFT in improving quality of patient care.
Clinical introduction and overview.
Creating a GIRFT central team and preparing for a deep-dive.
Pre-visit meet and deep-dive.
Post deep-dive action planning.
GIRFT national and regional reports.
What the team needs
- Senior level leadership and backing
- Multi-professional membership
- Excellent working relationships
- A monitored organisational GIRFT email address (e.g. GIRFT@trustname.nhs.uk) to co-ordinate external and internal communication
- Central repository of GIRFT deep-dive data packs / trust reports, observation notes, action plans and progress against improvement responses
What the team delivers
- Continuity and consistency
- Engagement and visibility of GIRFT work in the trust
- Structured onward internal reporting process and function
- Effective use of data by the trust
- Leadership in embedding GIRFT
- Service level responses
- Effective trust-wide response to GIRFT