Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) is supporting NHS England’s Elective Recovery programme and the Children and Young People’s Transformation programme with a seven-week focus on elective recovery for children and young people (CYP).
A series of weekly webinars and round tables is being held from 13 June to 31 July, bringing together national and local leads to set out the specific challenges for recovery of elective activity for CYP, share provider-led initiatives for tackling paediatric waiting lists and identify priority actions to accelerate progress.
The Delivery Plan for Tackling the COVID-19 Backlog of Elective Care (February 2022) referenced the impact that long waits for planned care can have on the development of children and young people (CYP) and their ability to access education and lead full and active lives.
To ensure the recovery of paediatric services keeps pace with the recovery of adult elective care, regions, systems and providers have been asked to have recovery plans in place to return CYP activity levels to a minimum of 2019/20 rates (dependent on previous delivery and baselines). A best practice toolkit has also been developed to support this.
Register for the webinars and round table discussions using the links below:
- Children and Young People’s elective recovery launch webinar: 13 June, 1pm to 3pm
- Dental roundtable discussion: 21 June, 10am to 12pm
- ENT roundtable discussion: 26 June, 1pm to 3pm
- Evidence based interventions roundtable discussion: 5 July, 10am to 12pm
- Outpatients roundtable discussion: 11 July, 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- Maximising theatre utilisation roundtable discussion: 17 July, 1pm to 3pm
- Waiting list validation and prioritisation roundtable discussion: 26 July, 10am to 12pm
- Data roundtable discussion: 31 July, 1pm to 3pm
You can find more information on the CYP Elective Recovery FutureNHS page.