Summary Acute Medicine Indicator Table (SAMIT)
This GIRFT data dashboard provides a suite of 50 key metrics relevant to the acute medical patient pathway, for use by teams in Acute Medical Units (AMUs) and Same Day Emergency Care (SDECs) in England. It offers a deep understanding of an acute medical service, accounting for demand, capacity, processes, behaviours and performance, which all contribute to patient care and experiences.
The dashboard can be viewed at site or system level and includes an overview of key activity and resources (consultant and nursing numbers, physical bed availability) linked to capacity, helping to highlight gaps which might be impacting on the delivery of a service. It also includes an overall ranked patient flow score – the GIRFT Acute Medicine Index (GAMI).
Get started below.
Find out more about GIRFT’s data-led approach and best practice resources:
- SAMIT portal – registration to NHSE Okta required
- GIRFT A&GM pathways and guidance
- GIRFT metrics on the Model Health System – MHS log in required
Start using the SAMIT
- If you haven’t already registered on the OKTA/Insight platform, please register at https://apps.model.nhs.uk/register
- Once registered (or if you already have an OKTA/Insight account), login to your account using this link https://apps.model.nhs.uk/products
- To request access to the SAMIT, scroll down the list of products on the ‘Insight’ home page to find the ‘Summary Acute Medicine Indicator Table (SAMIT)’ and then press the button ‘request access’