Registration is now open for the fourth in a series of Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) webinars, this time supporting specialty and associate specialist (SAS) colleagues to make the most of outpatient resources.
GIRFT has worked closely with the Outpatient Recovery and Transformation (OPRT) programme to produce a suite of resources highlighting actions services can take to tackle escalating demand for outpatient appointments. Guidance available includes the overarching clinically-led specialty outpatient guidance – pulling together summaries of condition-specific advice for specialties with the highest number of +78 week waits, and support on common themes and challenges, such as remote consultation, reducing DNAs, and driving patient initiated follow-up (PIFU) – as well as 15 individual specialty guides (listed below*) and an operational checklist for service managers.
The fourth GIRFT webinar in the outpatient series will highlight to SAS colleagues how they can use the guidance to drive quality improvement within outpatient provision. It will take place on 20th March at 17.30 hrs.
- Professor Tim Briggs, Chair of GIRFT and NHS England’s national director for clinical improvement and elective recovery
- Dr Vinita Shekar, Chair of the specialty and associate specialist (SAS) forum at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, and co-chair of the SAS committee at the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Shweta Singh, deputy director of delivery and implementation for National Outpatient Recovery and Transformation, NHS England
- Stella Vig, NHS England national clinical director for elective care
- Dr Beverly Oates, GIRFT clinical lead for gastroenterology
- Professor Nick Levell, GIRFT clinical lead for dermatology
Webinars on the outpatient resources have previously been held for trainees, surgical and medical teams. Recordings are available on demand here.
*The 15 specialties currently available are (click to go directly to specialty guidance):